The city of Charleston will remain open on Monday, August 21 during the total solar eclipse. City parks, recreation centers, visitor centers, and numerous other public spaces will be open for use during the event. Due to the expected increase in visitors to the region, heightened traffic and the potential for limited available parking, certain administrative offices will be closed. A complete listing of those city offices that will be closed is included below.
- Budget, Finance, and Revenue Collections including the Permit Center, Procurement, and Parking Revenue Collections
- Clerk of Council
- Municipal Court
- Administrative offices of Traffic and Transportation
- Human Resources
- Public Service administrative offices
- Housing and Community Development
- Cultural Affairs
- Mayor’s Office of Children, Youth, and Families
- Planning, Preservation & Sustainability
For additional information regarding the upcoming solar eclipse and what to expect locally, click here.