About the Project
In 2016, Mayor's Office on Aging was selected as one of eight grantees to receive the Enhanced Training and Services to End Abuse in Later Life (ALL) grant. Administered by the Department of Justice Office on Violence Against Women, the ALL grant focuses on changing how victim services and the criminal and civil justice systems respond to domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault or stalking, neglect, and financial exploitation against victims who are 50 years of age and older.
The ALL Project is a collaboration of:
- Charleston Police Department
- City of Charleston Prosecutor's Office
- Mayor's Office on Aging
- My Sister's House
- Trident Area Agency on Aging
- Other community partners who can help to ensure that the goals of the project are achieved
Purpose of the Project
With this project we seek to:
- Train service providers and City of Charleston law enforcement on identifying and addressing abuse in later life,
- Identify service needs and gaps in services to support victims,
- Collaborate with senior and victim service providers to enhance support for victims, and
- Raise public awareness.
For more information regarding the ALL Project, contact Project Coordinator Cheryl O'Donnell at 843-965-4190.