Damage Reporting

If you find damage on your property due to flooding or other storm events, please report it here: 

Online Damage Reporting: gis.charleston-sc.gov/report-damage


Citizen Services Center: 843-724-7311

Damage Assessments: 

The City performs damage assessments following major storms and widespread damage events to determine the extent of damaged building and to identify unsafe structures.

The City’s damage assessments are independent of insurance adjustments, and you should contact your insurance provider to make insurance claims.

Building Permits:

A building permit is required for repairs of damage. All applicable permits must be obtained before repair work is completed.

Contact the Permit Center to determine what building permits you will need:


Contact Us

Caroline Schnell

Floodplain Manager
Phone: 843-579-6481

Sarah Mardon

Floodplain Review Technician
Phone: 843-579-6471

Kinsey Holton, CFM 

Stormwater Regulatory Practice Leader
Phone: 843-724-3757