Volunteering helps you explore career options, expand your social circle, discover hidden talents, enjoy better health and have FUN!
The City of Charleston Recreation Departments has plenty of volunteer opportunities for you:
- Afterschool - Homework Help and Tutoring
- Aquatics - Swim Team Assistants
- Intramural Sports - Games, Tournaments
- Summer Camps - Reading Partners tutoring at Arthur W. Christopher Community Center
- Special Events - Easter, Celebration of Summer, Halloween, Kids Triathlon, and more
- Tennis - Tournaments, Leagues
- Therapeutic Recreation - Sports, Events, Coaching
- Youth Sports - Coaching Games, assisting with Tournaments and Youth Sports Special Events
- Adult Sports - Games, Tournaments
Steps to Volunteer
- Fill out the Volunteer Form
- Submit the Form to 823 Meeting Street or a City of Charleston Recreation staff member
- Please, wait. The form provides our department with information which will be used to make sure it's a mutually beneficial partnership.
- You'll be contacted by a member of the City of Charleston Recreation staff about your assignment.
- Have fun!
If you're not sure which athletic coordinator to turn your form into, please email it to Bethany Doman.